- Cooking time: Less than 1 hour
- Serves: 4
- Recipe Type: Side dishes
- Main Ingredient: Vegetables
- 2 PnP butternut , halved and seedsremoved
- 1 head PnP garlic, cloves separated and bruised
- 1 handful thyme sprigs
- 1 glug PnP olive oil
- 1 dash salt and milled pepper
- 45 ml PnP olive oil, or hazelnut oil
- 1 shallot, or small red onion, finely sliced
- 45 ml aged balsamic vinegar
- 10 ml dijon mustard
- 1 pinch PnP sugar
- 1 wedge taleggio, torn into pieces
- 50 grams PnP hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 packet PnP rocket, for serving
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Score butternut flesh in a criss-cross pattern and place on a roasting tray with garlic, thyme, olive oil and seasoning.
- Roast butternut until cooked through and slightly caramelised.
- Heat oil in a small saucepan and cook shallot briefly.
- Whisk through remaining dressing ingredients.
- Place warm butternut halves on a plate and dot over cheese to melt in residual heat, or bake for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Scatter over nuts and rocket, drizzle with dressing and serve.
Article credit: http://christmas.picknpay.co.za/recipe/roast-butternut-with-taleggio-and-hazelnut-dressing/