Accidents are usually very traumatic and the risk of being involved in an accident is far greater than one would expect no matter how carefully you drive or the precautions you take especially over the festive season.
In the event of an accident, try and keep calm and remember the following:
· Stop immediately
· Call emergency services (Police, Ambulance etc.)
· If possible, get the following details of the other driver:
∞ Contact numbers
∞ Make, Model, color etc. of the other car
∞ Check the license disc of the other vehicle involved
∞ Owner details if not the driver
∞ Insurance details
∞ Take photographs of scene, vehicles, license disc, drivers license of other driver etc. if possible
· Give your name and details to persons requesting info
· NEVER ACCEPT ANY FORM OF DRINK, ALCOHOL, MEDICATION ETC. from bystanders at the scene of the accident
· NEVER ADMIT ANY LIABILITY OR FAULT AT THE SCENE OF ACCIDENT TO ANY ONE!
· Get the names, addresses and contact details of ALL eye witnesses and note the details of the police or traffic officials as well.
· Write down where the accident happened, time, date, direction of travel, position of vehicles (include sketches scene of accident indication position of vehicles before and after accident)
· Note weather conditions, visibility, road surface etc.
· Phone your assist services (towing etc.) normally on the disc/sticker provided by the insurer
· Report the accident to the police within 24 Hours